does tk_octave work on XP?

From: jfl
Subject: does tk_octave work on XP?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone on this list had any experience with tk_octave on WinXP
or know of any reason why it would not work?

All the pieces for tk_octave to work with XP seem to be there.

I downloaded the pre-compiled octave for windows, 2.1.50a, and
it works nicely.  Very hassle free.  It has what I would call
a mini-cygwin system and I am re-learning the basics of how
the LOADPATH, paths and filesystem work.  I did check dynamic
linking and it is enabled.  The next step would be to download
a cygwin distribution and see if I could compile tk_octave.

Thanks.