Re: does tk_octave work on XP?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: does tk_octave work on XP?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:09:21 -0400

tk_octave is definitely in need of a maintainer...

I went on to experiment with soctcl, driven completely
from the tcl side, with an octave server listening for
connections.  This works fine on XP (but on some
machines I need to use a more recent version of listen.cc
from octave-forge).

I haven't needed to create the full octave
command line experience yet, but transferring
data and commands works fine.

It is barely fast enough for my needs on my slow
machine, but fast enough is fast enough, so I haven't
felt the need to resurrect tk_octave yet.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden