Re: error: `eig' undefined near line 5 column 7

From: Rich Shepard
Subject: Re: error: `eig' undefined near line 5 column 7
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

> I see those funny characters here which make me think that you might be using
> some fancy text editor to write the script.

  You're right, Dmitri. I use Emacs. That's been described as both an
operating system without the kernel and the tool kit that comes complete
with the kitchen sink. :-)

  When there is a back-tick (`) in a file, and that file is copied into
pine, it may (depending upon position in the word) be replaced with a caret
(^) and an uppercase letter following the back-tick. Sometimes I catch this
and correct it before sending, sometimes I do not.

  I suspect the problem may be version related. Late last evening I aborted
the build of 2.1.57 after about 90 minutes. I'll finish it today and see if
the new version does better.

Thanks,

Rich

--