Re: std in NDArrays

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: std in NDArrays
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:13:53 -0400

On 25-Aug-2004, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

| John, can we have a release?

I agree that it has been too long since the last snapshot, but I don't
plan to make another one until the following things are implemented or
fixed:

  * bitcmp, bitget, and bitset should work for int64 types (currently
    they won't because they rely on being able to convert to double
    and/or perform arithmetic on the values.  It would be best to
    avoid using eval in these functions.  Perhaps they should be
    implemented in C++?

  * fread for int types should return the specific type, not always
    double.

  * Things like "format hex" should work for int types.

  * Fix bug that prevents skip from working correctly in fread and
    fwrite.

  * Mixed-type operations for scalar doubles and integer types.

jwe