Re: Analysing performance data (somewhat OT stat question; sorry)

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Analysing performance data (somewhat OT stat question; sorry)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:14:43 -0700

Sorry about mis-spelling of "Abramowitz" is correct.

More than rusty myself on stats questions. How about non-parametric test for
association if two variable are known *not* to be bivariate normally
distributed. E.g. Kendall's coefficient of rank correlation (tau) and
Spearman's rank correlation (r_sub_s). See Sokal and Rohlf "Biometry" for
details. Mike below suggests a Wilcoxon Rank-Sum test, which I surmise might
be something similar.
Henry