Re: Accessing information returned from 'dir'

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Accessing information returned from 'dir'
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:34:35 -0400

  Hi All,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 03:48:43PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
#
# > It should work if you put the index before the structure element:
# > a(1).name
#
# Yes, that worked allright, as did Etienne's suggestion. Many thanks to you
# both. It was the way a.name itself was printed that had me thinking it was
# accessed as a.(name(1)) where the outer braces denote grouping, not
# indexing. The help file seemed to confirm this, as it is designated as a
# 'structure array' which I carelessly interpreted as 'structure of array'
# instead of 'array of structure'.

  I was caught there too! Ah ... the joys of matlab-compatible syntax!

  Cheers,

  Etienne

#
# Kind regards,