Re: sum() behaving erratically?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: sum() behaving erratically?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 18:45:31 -0700

I'm using Octave 2.1.46 and get the same results.
octave:9> help sum
sum is a built-in function
 - Built-in Function:  sum (X, DIM)
     Sum of elements along dimension DIM.  If DIM is omitted, it
     defaults to 1 (column-wise sum).
Therefore I'd expect for a=[1,2];
that sum(a) should be the same as sum (a,1)  = 1 2 and as stated below.
Henry