ls does not display directory contents immediately.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: ls does not display directory contents immediately.
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:03:59 -0500

On  3-Dec-2004, Ananda Murthy R S <address@hidden> wrote:

| ls inside octave does not display the contents of a
| directory immediately especially when the directory is
| deeply inside a path. If I type ls several times --
| sometimes 3, or 4, or 5 times -- then only the
| contents of the present working directory is
| displayed. Is this normal? Or is there a bug?

I suspect that this is the same subprocess bug that was discussed
here:

  http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2004/msg02673.html

However, it seems to work for me, but I probably didn't guess the
right set of conditions to provoke the bug.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, it is usually best to
report all the facts so that someone can actually reproduce the
problem and maybe fix it.  If you're not sure what to include in a
report so that it is useful, please read

  http://www.octave.org/bugs.html

before sending your report.

There is no need to report bugs to both the help and bug list.

Thanks,

jwe