Re: Changes in load from 2.1.50 to 2.1.57?

From: Miroslaw Kwasniak
Subject: Re: Changes in load from 2.1.50 to 2.1.57?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:11:50 +0100

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:09:51AM +0100, Johansson Nicklas (RTLSN-NPJ) wrote:
> The engine toolbox in octave-forge contains a basic interface
> for calling Octave from within a C program. The interface uses
> a Unix FIFO to load data into Octave with the line:
>
> load -ascii -force "matfifo".
>
> where matfifo is the name of the FIFO.
>
> This works well with octave-2.1.50 on both Linux and Solaris,
> but fails for octave-2.1.57 and later versions in both OS.

I don't think this error is related to octave version - I can provoke it
even on octave 2.0 :(

It's not fully deterministic (failure rate can bee only few % or near 100%)
and it depend (???) on compiler / c++ library version and machine speed and
load. Simple - fifos and pipes arent full-prof in octave :(

One of many threads about this problem (not solved) you can see here:

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2004/msg02673.html

> Is it a bug or is there simply a better way to transport data
> from a C/C++ application to Octave, calculate and return the
> result back to C/C++ application?

Use files.

Mirek