Re: DOCSTRINGS up to date

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: DOCSTRINGS up to date
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:30:32 -0700

Samir,

I successfully built 2.1.64 from source (after several tries) on Friday. It
wasn't successful until after I upgraded OS X on-line to 10.3.7. There are
also known issues that require the November 2004 gcc update to be installed
with Xcode 1.5 before the build can be successful. If your running OS X
10.3, be sure all these issues are addressed, or use the earlier Xcode 1.2
and OS X 10.3.4 as that works also.

To build I first did a configure with

FLIBS=-lg2c ./configure --enable-shared --enable-dl --disable-static

Then the build completed (make, sudo make install) without problems.

This may or may not be related to your doc_files error, but it is an
approach that worked recently.

Joe