Compilation 2.1.64 on mac osX(was: DOCSTRINGS up to date)

From: Samir Sharshar
Subject: Compilation 2.1.64 on mac osX(was: DOCSTRINGS up to date)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:26:01 +0100

Hello all,

Thanks for you help all of you. All your advises were very helpful to me and I think I've a better understanding of the compilation process and its caveats and traps...

The DOCSTRINGS error is mainly due to the options passed to the compiler. I use a 10.3.7 OS X, XCode 1.5 (with november 2004 update) and gcc 3.3.x build 1671.

Well the default gcc options given by the configure script build 2.1.64 without errors... but poor perfs. The better I can have (for the moment) is to pass

FFLAGS='-O5 -funroll-loops'
CFLAGS='-O3 -mcpu=G5 -mtune=G5 -faltivec'

I'm going on finding the best options... and tell you back

Thanks again

SAmir Sharshar