Re: Making graphic available for Latex ( on Mac)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Making graphic available for Latex ( on Mac)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 00:51:37 -0600

On  3-Feb-2005, Quentin Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:

| For an example of what is possible, you can look at my PhD
| dissertation, which was completely generated using LaTeX:
| http://patriot.lib.byu.edu/ETD/image/etd378.pdf
| All simulations were done in octave, and all plots were generated using
| octave/gnuplot.

Here are some more example plots:

  http://www.che.wisc.edu/~jbraw/chemreacfun/figures.html

These were all generated with Octave and gnuplot (pslatex terminal
plus epstopdf to generate PDF from the EPS parts of the figures).  The
book that contains them is the primary reason that Octave exists, and
it was produced entirely with Octave, LaTeX, gnuplot, Xfig, etc.  Make
was used to control the whole process, including producing the
figures, compiling the document (including lecture slides and solution
manual), and generating the HTML file for the web page of figures.  If
a computational source file changes, running Make generates an
up-to-date version of the book (and everything else).  Changes are
tracked with CVS (two primary authors and a technical consultant have
write priveleges).

jwe