Re: randn newbie question

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: randn newbie question
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 10:39:46 -0700

Hamish Allan wrote:
Hello all,

Why does:

plot(randn(2,100)', '+')

which looks like this in Matlab:

http://igor.gold.ac.uk/~map01ra/matlab_randn.jpeg

look like this in Octave:

http://igor.gold.ac.uk/~map01ra/octave_randn.jpeg

The problem seems to be specific to your particular octave binary
(I have no problem with randn() from either octave proper, or
from octave-forge, but I am on i386/linux). You need to provide us with as much relevant info about your system as you can think of.
What is the MacOS version?
Did you build the octave binary yourself?
What is your build environment (compiler, libraries)?

If you downloaded the octave binary, where did it come from?

Etc..., etc....

???

Thanks,
Hamish
[GNU Octave, version 2.1.64 (powerpc-apple-darwin).]

Sincerely,

Dmitri.