Re: save function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: save function
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:01:21 -0500

On  9-Mar-2005, Robert A. Macy <address@hidden> wrote:

| As bad as it makes octave, octave's goal is to be
| compatible with matLab language,

That was never my primary goal.  However, after 13 years, I've begun
to realize that having a nearly compatible language encourages users
to put the pressure on for full compatibility.  Well, that seems to be
what they want unless it means they might have to change their
behavior because earlier incompatibilities are now being removed.  :-)

| but there's nothing wrong having functionally better "extra's" here
| and there.

Extensions are generally OK.  The problems occur when both systems
accept the same code but do different things with it.

jwe