Re: Mex and Octave

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Mex and Octave
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:20:48 -0800

Please correct if this is not correct (from my annotations in the manual):

>From the manual using the oregonator.cc example:

1. At shell prompt:
' mkoctfile oregonator.cc ' will have produced the oregonator.oct file.

2. At the octave prompt:
' oregonator ([1,2,3], 0] ' will call the compiled .oct file with initial
conditions to calculate the derivatives. They will be needed for subsequent
solving for x(0), x(1), and x(2) as a function of time by numerical
integration which is not part of the example for dynamically linked
functions.

3. Step 2 will only work if your Octave version has dynamic linking enabled
and to find out you type at the Octave prompt:
' octave-config-info ("dld") '

4. We cannot compile the .cc file with gcc and run the compiled a.out file
at the shell prompt because these .cc files don't contain a main function so
they won't run as a standard executable at the shell prompt.
Henry