Re: (OT?) epslatex and colors

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: (OT?) epslatex and colors
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:46:47 -0700

Claudio Belotti wrote:
Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

For example, (in gnuplot 4.1) for fig terminal:

gnuplot> set term fig big color
Terminal type set to 'fig'
Options are 'color big pointsmax 1000 landscape inches dashed textnormal fontsize 10 linewidth 1 depth 10 version 3.2'
gnuplot> set out "fig-test.fig"
gnuplot> test
fig: Palette used before set
gnuplot> quit
Looking at the output file "fig-test.fig" (in xfig) I can see
that 1 is black, 2 is blue, 3 is green, 4 is cyan, 5 is red, and
6 is magenta.
That is different from colors on x11 terminal:
1 - red, 2 - green, 3 - blue, 4 - magenta, 5 - cyan, 6 - brown.
Hope it helps.

thanks Dmitri, I plotted a test and now I understand better.
Really, it seems that I can't have a green line in epslatex ... but it's
not really important.

You could use the fig terminal, and subsequently produce (e)ps/latex from that. If you don't want to open up xfig, you can even convert fig files at the terminal using "fig2dev". I also suggest checking out "fig2ps" (http://fig2ps.sourceforge.net/).

Jonathan