Re: GNUplot missing?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: GNUplot missing?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:55:36 -0500

If gnuplot takes too long to load then octave can give you a timeout on the first try. If you try again does it plot.
that is  - once gnuplot is loaded will it then plot???
Doug Stewart

SITI HAJAR A BAKAR wrote:

Hello,

I have reinstalled my gnuplot except now it gives me a timeout error as such
u=1:200;
y=2*u+1
plot(y,x)
Timeout: gnuplot not ready

I reinstalled my gnuplot using,the following method, downloading the following file
gp400win32.zip;
Adding the following lines to file  'octaverc'
gnuplot_binary = "c:/gnuplot/bin/pgnuplot" putenv('TMPDIR','c:/cygwin/tmp') gnuplot_has_multiplot = 1

The gnuplot window does come up, but no graphs are plotted. I'm finding my octave very unpredictable, with different errors arising every time I invoke it. Any ideas??