Re: multiline comments

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: multiline comments
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:20:36 -0500

> Is multiline comments supported in Octave?

Using short-circuit Boolean operators like

        octave> 1||[
        > blah
        > blah blah
        > ];
        octave>

does the job.  Doesn't really recommend itself as a comment syntax
though, does it?  I think I recall reading something like this idea on
this list a while ago but can't find it now, and can't remember
whether anything less monstrous was suggested.

Geordie McBain
www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/~mcbain