Re: Legend.m (Was: Alternative to gset nokey;)

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Legend.m (Was: Alternative to gset nokey;)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:03:19 -0600

on 4/15/05 11:13 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov at address@hidden wrote:

> Please find attached a version of legend.m modified to
> use new __gnuplot_... interface.
> Also attached is the diff against current (2005-04-15)
> version from cvs.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dmitri.

Thanks, Dmitri. I managed to put together a working legend.m by editing the
earlier patch that you sent. That eliminates the gset and graw warnings for
my most commonly used routines.

A general question: Most of the first patches that Dmitri sent use a syntax
of the type

  __gnuplot_set__  nokey

instead of

  __gnuplot_set__("nokey");

which is what my octave-2.1.69 on a Mac accepts. On which machines, and at
what times can the parentheses and quotes be omitted? I've seen examples in
the online index (and been confused by them) with the same format.

There is one other routine, print.m, that I would also like to fix. The
patch that Dmitri sent for print.m yeilds the __gnuplot_set__  nokey type of
syntax, and my octave seems to choke when it sees that. Some of the
eval(sprintf(.... Statements in print.m are true syntactical nightmares with
three levels of quote marks and two levels of parentheses. I tried fixing
print.m, but I doubt that I have everything matched correctly. I'll keep
hacking at it, but if someone has a correctly patched print.m, I'd like to
have it. Thanks.

Joe