internet sockets for octave

From: Brian Blais
Subject: internet sockets for octave
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:17:50 -0400

Hello,

I wrote some code to do internet sockets in octave.  It uses a syntax as
close as I could get to fopen/fclose.  You can look at it here:

        http://web.bryant.edu/~bblais/octave

I am still somewhat new to octave and C++, so the code might look a
little amateurish, but it seems to work ok.  If anyone has any
suggestions, or has done something similar, I'd love to hear it.

My goal before the summer is out is to have an Octave Robots program,
similar to the old C-robots game, where you program robot functions
which battle each other.  I thought it would be a fun way for a beginner
to learn how to use Octave. To do it right, there has to be message
passing between the robot clients and the environment server, and I
didn't see any socket code written already.

Comments or suggestions?

                        thanks,

                                Brian Blais

--