Re: How to print plots on a printer?

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: How to print plots on a printer?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 09:42:18 -0600

on 5/2/05 7:10 AM, Quentin Spencer at address@hidden wrote:

> Ananda Murthy R S wrote:
>
>> Since gset command is now deprecated, what is the best
>> way to print plots on a printer from Octave?
>>

> Octave-forge has a "print" function that behaves similarly to the
> equivalent function in Matlab. The current release is a few months old
> now and still uses gset internally, but the version CVS has been updated
> to the new gnuplot interface.
>
> -Quentin

To my knowledge, gset still works properly in octave-2.1.69, but you get
about ten lines of warning messages from the octave-forge routines every
time you use routines like print or legend. At least the warnings appear
only once and don't flood your output repeatedly.

My question is where are we going with octave? Will there be an
octave-2.1.70 that fixes some things like the broken __gnuset_replot__
routine that will allow the use of "gset free" versions of print and legend?
(Yes, I have the necessary patch to 2.1.69, thanks. I just need to install
it.)

Will 2.9.x become the new standard leading to octave-3.0? Maybe I missed it
on the users help list, but a little philosophy about what's happening with
the big jump in the numbering system will help us "normal users" that depend
on releases, not CVS, plan for the future.

Thanks.

Joe