Re: permute doesn't delete singletons

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: permute doesn't delete singletons
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:02:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Tom Holroyd wrote:

octave:75> x=zeros(10,1,2);
octave:76> z=permute(x,[3,1,2]);
octave:77> size(z)
ans =

  2  10   1

I get a result with a trailing singleton dimension. I'm porting some MATLAB code that expects the result of permute above to be size 2 10, which it is under MATLAB. Can permute be changed to remove the singleton dimension?

Sorry for the double reply, but you could also use the reshape command as so:

x=zeros(10,1,2);
z=permute(x,[3,1,2]);
z=reshape(z, [2,10]);

Bill

--
"Hey, go buy a plane ticket to another state of mind, okay?" -- unknown