wavread problems + ploting tools+ using octave classes in C++

From: Marc Vinyes
Subject: wavread problems + ploting tools+ using octave classes in C++
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 15:22:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
I am working in some audio processing programs which require high
efficiency in large-scale minimization problems. I have some issues which
keep me from starting to use Octave...

* I started working with Matlab because the octave-forge wavread.m
function fails to read some wav files. Do you know if there's some work to
fix this or already fixed in another version?

* I really need friendly zoom+moving tools and fast ploting to take a look
at the waveforms which the program generates. Matlab has a good ploting
tool but octave's gnuplot is very slow and I didn't find how to zoom zones
(I haven't read documentation but I would like to have a user-friendly
tool to save time).
Any suggerence. I'm in a Debian testing, so "apt-get install" suggestions
are wellcome.

* I'd like to have an executable when I finish my experiments with octave
and I found the C++ class libraries very interesting. However they seem to
be specially targeted for octave linking through .oct files. Is there any
possibility to use them in C++ only code and avoid running octave to
execute the program?

Thank you in advance. Any help is apreciated.
MarC