Re: Error message formatting (was Re: wavread problems)

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Error message formatting (was Re: wavread problems)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:44:28 -0700

Isn't your suggestion simply a reformatting of the existing
information in the traceback?

>   /big/long/directory/path/myfunction.m:86:13: error: ...
>
> but this would not be so easy to do given the way error handling is
> currently implemented.

And if not, what information do we have to play with? I'd like to
propose a few alternative formats of Octave's error traceback, but I
do not know what information is available or what information could
easily be made available.

Without a full-featured IDE, easy to ready error messages are worth a lot.