cannot plot - please help

From: Bhaskar Ramamurthy
Subject: cannot plot - please help
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:12:24 -0700

I am relatively inexperienced in the use and debug of PC based applications. I was able to install cygwin and octave on my PC and I am able to use octave to crunch numbers. I am unable to plot. When I type commands such as “plot” or “figure”, command line returns a prompt but no figure window appears anywhere. I am running XP on my PC (if that matters) and I do have a graphics card (ATI Radeon 9200).

Did I not install something properly or do I have a wrong hardware configuration? Any clues. Please help

Thanks

Bram