Re: windows version of Octave

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: windows version of Octave
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:16:03 -0700

I think there is partly a disconnect between users and developers here,
especially for windows users.  Many new users want octave to "just work"
in windows, but I bet most developers and advanced users use linux.  I'm
an advanced octave user in linux, and it just isn't worth my time to
even read the details of windows related posts.

It seems (to me) many of the newbie questions lately have been windows
related, and often about plotting.  Plotting is a sore spot, even in
linux.  I see there is a recent effort to patch this up in a unified
way.  That would help.  Maybe a FAQ just for windows users would also help?

My 2 cents.

Jonathan

Keith Goodman wrote:
Lately I've noticed (or is it just me?) an increased hostility toward
newbie questions. Maybe It has to do with the increased traffic (a
good thing) on the mailing list. Hopefully the increased traffic means
that there are more people to share the load of  answering newbie
questions.

I picked a bad way to bring all this up. Sorry.