octave 2.1.50 versus 2.1.71

From: Martin Ranftler
Subject: octave 2.1.50 versus 2.1.71
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:31:41 +0200

Dear Group-members

I’m writing an expertise for a german university.

It is my “Diplomarbeit”, I do not know the english _expression_ for a final article of a study..

In the moment I have installed on my windows-system the octave version 2.1.50.

I’ve written some sripts (.m-files) which work pretty good.

e.g. gnuplot starts automatically, shows the figures etc..

Now, after reading all comments in this forum I have installed cygwin  and octave 2.1.71  in addition.

But.

How can I bring my scripts to run?

How can I get the same functionality for gnuplot which I have at 2.1.50 ?

At the end of my job I want to recommend octave for future use in the university.

That’s my intention.

Shall I propose to install 2.1.50? Here I have an easy installation file…?

I can propose cygwin and 2.1.71, but with the scripts I have a problem.

Thank you, best regards.

Martin Ranftler