Re: Which version on which OS is fastest and stable?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Which version on which OS is fastest and stable?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:31:07 -0700

Running octave 2.1.50a-inst.exe on an XP

I use the following lines in a batch file to expand the
memory...

echo  Expand Octave Memory
cd\
cd "Program Files"\"GNU Octave 2.1.50"\bin
regtool -i set "/HKCU/Software/GNU
Octave/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb" 1024
regtool -v list "/HKCU/Software/GNU Octave/Cygwin"

octave used to crash constantly, now I can process files
over 30MB

                 - Robert -