Re: Repository of Octave scripts

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: Repository of Octave scripts
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:26:48 +0200

Hello,

El Viernes, 3 de Junio de 2005 15:52, John W. Eaton escribió:
> Who is interested in helping to design a package format for Octave
> and/or set up and maintain the archive?

I cannot design a package format, I haven't got enough knowledge to do that.
But, I volunteer (if you want me) to organize and mantain an archive of
scripts. I warn you that I cannot write correct English, this could be a
problem.

In a few words, this is my plan to prepare the archive:

1. Create a new webpage in the wiki ScaryOctave.
2. Receive the scripts. Editing a wiki is quite easy but sometimes is easier
just to send the information to somebody. You could send me your scripts to
this email address: address@hidden
3. Classify the scripts

This is the information I will need to include an script in the archive (in no
particular order):

a) Name of the script
b) Author(s)
c) Keywords (to ease the classification)
d) License
e) Description
f) Examples of use
g) Known problems
h) Contact e-mail or webpage
i) Version number
j) The script itself
k) Installation guide, if needed
l) Anything that the author wanted to include

I am ready to recieve your scripts.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es