MAtlab and Octave same code for both

From: SITI HAJAR A BAKAR
Subject: MAtlab and Octave same code for both
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:34:29 +1000

Hi everyone,
Im working on making a toolbox written in MATLAB, to be compatible in
both languages.
There arent to many incompatibilities, so Im trying to avoid having to
maintain having two different code for the same toolbox in each
language. is that a way in Octave, of whether it can detect in what
program it is running in.

So if in OCtave, I can run this algorithm, and when not... it will run
another. I know im being a bit vague, but it would be helpful to know
anything. thanks heaps!

Regards, Hajar