Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?

From: Antonio Martínez Alvarez
Subject: Re: Can an image be persistent with imshow or figure (II) ?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:35:36 +0200

Ok, thanks.
Now I can run the little example. But ... it is too slow. I'd like use
Octave to carry out image processing. Yesterday I downloaded Freemat for
Linux and Windows and tried the same example, it is as fast as Matlab.

Is there a way to make Octave imshow or image run as Matlab or FreeMat?
(Maybe withot using gnuplot (for speed))

What I want to do over Octave is capture images from a webcam (on-line),
carry out a set of image filtering and show the result on-line. The
first problem is the speed of imshow or image over Octave. I'd like the
program to be portable so ... xloadimage doesn't help so much.

Any idea?

for i=1:200,
  x=rand(100);
  imshow(x);