Re: List of backslash printing controls?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: List of backslash printing controls?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:12:47 -0400 (EDT)

Windows often interprets the beep characters through the sound card. This may not be an octave problem, but a windows issue.

Look at this to see if it is what you're talking about: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1112340985

A test would be to go to the command prompt, press Ctrl-G, press enter. If you hear a PC speaker beep, then it's an octave problem, and if you don't then it's a windows/computer problem.

Bill