Re: cygwin & gnuplot

From: Marco Landwehr
Subject: Re: cygwin & gnuplot
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:39:10 +0200 (MEST)

My LOADPATH was empty before, after adding:

LOADPATH = F:/Cygwin/usr/share/octave//::

I still get the same error message. I also get the same error while simply
evoking the "plot (4);" command...

> Not sure if this helps or if it's just another question about LOADPATH.
> Am I correct that the path for sombrero.m (an Octave example) is picked up
> >from the recursive path used for octave-forge?
> Henry
>
> octave:1> sombrero(41);  %Works just fine.
> octave:2> LOADPATH
> LOADPATH = :
> /usr/local/bin:

/usr/local/libexec/octave/2.1.71/site/oct/powerpc-apple-darwin8.1.0/octave-f
> orge:
> /usr/local/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge//::
>
> octave:3> quit
> [~] -bash-2.05b 505$ locate sombrero.m
> /usr/local/share/octave/2.1.71/m/plot/sombrero.m
>

> on 7/27/05 11:06 AM, Marco Landwehr at address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have problems plotting with octave in a cygwin environment. Gnuplot
> alone
> > is working fine, but when typing "sombrero(41);" in octave I get the
> error
> > "warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost". The archives dont
> tell
> > much about this problem, but to use a .octaverc file with the following
> > lines:
> >
> > putenv('TMPDIR','F:/Cygwin/tmp');
> > gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
> > or
> > gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
> >
> > Both things did not work.
> > I use gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0 & GNU Octave, version 2.1.71
> > (i686-pc-cygwin).
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Marco

www.trollteq.de
LOST COLLECTING GAMES & more: Spellfire, DragonDice, BloodWars,
Dicemaster, CP, TW STCDG, MSD,...