Re: gnuplot: set terminal png

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: gnuplot: set terminal png
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:31:17 -0600

Vic Norton wrote:

I am using Mac OS X 10.3. I am sure I just need to tweak some settings somewhere (I read something about a "--with-gd=/usr/local/lib" option
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This option is for "configure" command when you compiling gnuplot
from scratch. (Sorry if it is obvious.) What is more important
is to have GD library installed (and in turns, that requires PNG
and JPEG libraries installed). I remember compiling GD was not that
straightforward. If you get GD binary from some packager, you
need to make sure where this library installed...

Anyway, if you are interested in trying to compile GD library
himself -- let me know, I will try to recollect the necessary
steps.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.