Re: Cygwin install is going great

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Cygwin install is going great
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:12:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Ze Ji wrote:

Can you tell me how you installed it, by source, or binary mode? And could you try to install octave-headers in order to use mkoctfile. As one question I raised before, I would like to know if Cygwin is working properly or not for this. I have used mkoctfile to do the example program Box.cpp from the http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CodaTypes . But when I run the BoxMake function, I got error of "Aborted (core dumped)".

I'm not sure of the answers to your questions, but I do know what I did. I grabbed install.exe from the Cygwin web site and executed it. I then selected default options and went with the ufl.edu ftp site. I clicked "Default" to change it to "Install" for the entire tree, then proceeded to download. I ended up with about 550 MB of downloads and about 2 GB in c:\cygwin.

I didn't compile anything, but I'm not sure what Cygwin did on its own.

When I execute 'octave', I see this:

GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (i686-pc-cygwin).

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can do more to clarify what I'm working with here. If you give me some instructions on what to type, I can do it and then tell you what comes back at me.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor