Re: CFD with Octave?

From: Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte
Subject: Re: CFD with Octave?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:23:24 -0300

Hi, Joe!

> I know of no CFD library for octave. Since CFD is computationally intensive,
> more stuff seems to be compiled in C or Fortran than written for an
> interpreted language like octave or MATLAB.

That's exactly why I hoped to find a binding to a CFD library (written
in C/C++ or Fortran): so I could write all the data IO and analysis
routines in Octave and directly call a faster code to run the actual
CFD solver.

I would also like to find good CFD code license under the GPL/LGPL. At
the moment I would not like to invest a lot of money on proprietary
code, if I can find free code that fits my needs.

I am investigating a few free options (OpenFlower, OpenFOAM, etc), and
hope that I can find some that would be not-too-difficult to bind to
Octave, in the case I will have to do it myself (and I never wrote a
simple OCT-file).

Thanks,

Marcus Vinicius