Re: octave and python

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: octave and python
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:10:38 +0200

Hi Silvia

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:15:32PM +0000, Silvia Suárez wrote:
> I am trying to use octave with python. I mean, I have created one script
> with python to get some data from my program in java, and now I want plot
> it using octave.

This seems like an awfully roundabout way of doing things.  Why not
plot directly from Python using matplotlib or the GNUPlot interface in
ipython?

Of course, if you would like to use Octave to calculate further
results, your route would make sense.  In that case, easiest is
probably to write your results to an easily readable file format and
load that from Octave.

Regards
Stéfan