Installation Problems

From: Andy Yip
Subject: Installation Problems
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 03:12:26 -0700

Hi, Octavers,

I am new to octave. I just installed octave and octave-forge by installing
cygwin in windows xp.

I can run octave and do calculations. But the plots can't be displayed.
I did see a "gnuplot.exe" process in task manager though.

Another problem is that when I run the command "mkoctfile hello.cc" in cygwin,
I got the following error message:

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What should I do to solve these problems? Thanks a lot!!

Andy