Re: Umfpack configuration

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Umfpack configuration
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:25:00 +0200

Dave Bekker a écrit :

Hello,

I'm new to the whole octave thing, and I downloaded the sourcecode via cvs (I'm running Linux). After dealing with all the dependencies I could, I came to UMFPACK. I downloaded the source for 4.4 and ran make lib in /UMFPACK and /AMD directories. I've tried running the configure script with ./configure --libdir="/home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/UMFPACK/Lib/libumfpack.a" --libdir="/home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/AMD/Lib/libamd.a" --includedir="/home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/UMFPACK/Include/"

and also running it plain, and copying libumfpack.a and libamd.a to /usr/local/lib and umfpack.h to /usr/local/include

Either way I still get
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.

What am I doing wrong / what do I need to do?

Thanks for any help
Dave

If you are running debian or fedora there are prebuilt packages for umfpack 4.4. As for the configure, I believe you should have written something like

export CXXFLAGS="-I/home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/UMFPACK/Include/" ./configure --with-umfpack="/home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/UMFPACK/Lib/libumfpack.a /home/bekkerd/Downloads/octave/UMFPACKv4.4/AMD/Lib/libamd.a"

But if you can use teh fedora or debian packages, because they go to the trouble of building shared libraries..

Cheers
David