Package system (was: Re: BIG libraries with self-compiled version)

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Package system (was: Re: BIG libraries with self-compiled version)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:16:25 +0200

Hi,

tor, 29 09 2005 kl. 10:09 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
[snip]
> I think it would be great to have MPI functions for Octave.  But I
> think the right place for that is in an external package rather than
> with Octave itself.  I hope to be able to do something soon with the
> package system that Soren Hauberg has been working on, so we can
> actually start to remove some things from Octave and put them in extra
> packages rather than throwing everything in to the core of Octave.
I currently doing a project in school that's due in about two weeks,
and then I'll have some spare time. My hope is that then I'll be able
to port parts of octave-forge to the package system.
So give me a couple of weeks and then I'll be happy to do all I can to
intergrate the package system.

> jwe
Søren