Re: save a plot to PDF?

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: save a plot to PDF?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:23:23 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 30-Sep-2005, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| The drawback is that it adds yet another dependence (on my
| system epstopdf is part of tetex distribution), so perhaps
| ps2pdf would be better (this one is part of ghostscript,
| but that dependence is already here).

My experience has been that epstopdf was much better than ps2pdf.  For
example, I remember that epstopdf would do the right thing with the
bounding box, but ps2pdf would not.  It's been a long time since I
tried any comparison though, so maybe that has changed?

You are right, the problem with BBox is still there.

jwe

Dmitri.