Re: problem compiling Octave-Forge on Red Hat Linux system

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: problem compiling Octave-Forge on Red Hat Linux system
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:09:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Mike Miller wrote:

I was expecting the line about "extra" because of the NOINSTALL, but what about FIXES? Am I supposed to add a NOINSTALL to that directory? I have to guess that I am supposed to but I really don't understand the instructions. Is there a way for me to know what has been superceded by recent versions of Octave?

Well, I did this:

touch FIXES/NOINSTALL
make distclean
./configure --prefix=/same/prefix/as/octave
make -k
make check

And it worked!  Hallelujah!

I guess the instructions could use a little brushing up but I have to say that it went well once I came up with the right setup.

Best,

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.