version & csvread

From: abl5
Subject: version & csvread
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:44:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am running into a problem with csvread & both tab-delimited and
comma-separated values files. The files are read in as having one row too
many. So far I've successfully eliminated whitespaces and strings, and
I've confirmed that the files are read correctly in Matlab. Searching &
Googling haven't resulted in much csvread/write info since about 2004, and
there doesn't seem to be a definite "error here" -- does my problem sound
familiar to anybody?

In more general terms, is it better to run 2.1.71 or 2.9.3? David called
2.1.71 a "dead end", but the Octave page recommends that non-developer
users should use that. I'm a newbie to Matlab, octave, & fink (and the
command line, actually), so... who knows? It might be relevant that I have
access to Matlab via a desktop at work, but I would really like to analyze
my data (via octave) on my Mac.

Thanks

Arwen