Re: Install 2.9.3 - problems with gnuplot

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: Install 2.9.3 - problems with gnuplot
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:35:38 -0800

IT WORKED! Thanks so much for the help. On to bigger and better things, until I find something else I can't figure out...

-Ron

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

Ron Crummett wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is my .octaverc file supposed to be in my default directory (/home/me)? I didn't see one there but created one and it

Yes.

seems to load up when I start octave. I was just wondering if it is created by default or not.

No, it is not created by default.

gnuplot_binary="/usr/bin/gnuplot "

                                  ^
The space after gnuplot should not be there.
(That was mine typo -- sorry about that)

Oh, one more thing: Is everything I have in my .octaverc file going to appear on startup? Just wondering.

The commands you put in .octaverc are executed on a startup.
If you do not want the commands to print output on the screen, you can put
";" at the end: