Re: nchoosek question

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: nchoosek question
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:01:57 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Frank Palazzolo wrote:

I am using nchoosek(n,k) to generate the number of combinations
n!/(k!(n-k)!).
Unfortunately, it seems there is no vectorized version, for n and k are
vectors or matrices of the same size.

It looks like bincoeff(N,k) does what you want.

bincoeff( reshape( [10:2:20]', 3, 2 ), reshape( [5:10]', 3, 2 ) )

ans =

 252 12870
 924 48620
 3432 184756

Should we do away with nchoosek()?  Alias it to bincoeff()?

Mike