checking a file stream for pending input

From: Brian Blais
Subject: checking a file stream for pending input
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:41:49 -0500

Hello,

Is there a way to check a file stream for pending input (and continue if there is not)? I could try to write something with select() in C++, but I would prefer a native octave solution if one exists. I'd be fine with something like fread or fgets, which could return empty if there is nothing currently in the stream. Is there an option for something like that?

                        thanks and Merry Christmas,

                                Brian Blais

--

            address@hidden