Re: [OctDev] isunix() returns 1 under cygwin

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: [OctDev] isunix() returns 1 under cygwin
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:38:57 -0500

  Hi Andy,

thx for the answer. I should have added that I want to use isunix() to
determine whether I want to execute a (linux) binary called (say)
'foo' or a windows binary called 'fooWin.exe'. So I really want isunix
to return true iff it's Linux - my code will fail on other nixes but
that's ok for now.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

ps: More in detail on what I'm doing, I'm patching David Lowe's SIFT
    [1] image feature detector code for Matlab so that it'll run both
    on Matlab and Octave. His code runs both on Win and Linux.

[1] David G. Lowe, "Distinctive image features from scale-invariant
    keypoints,"International Journal of Computer Vision, 60, 2 (2004),
    pp. 91-110.

   http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~lowe/keypoints/