Re: MATLAB / Octave compatibility

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: MATLAB / Octave compatibility
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:10:42 -0500 (EST)

Well, I can't edit the page, but I don't think that these are correct (for Octave or Matlab):

    * For a logical-and, Octave can use `&' or `&&'; Matlab requires `&'.

    * For a logical-or, Octave can use `|' or `||'; Matlab requires `|'.

The '&' and '|' have different meanings. '&&' and '||' are logical operators, and '&' and '|' are vector operators in both matlab and octave I thought.

Something that you can add is

You can use indexes of functions and of other types making operations like

a{1} = 1:3;
a{1}(1)

is valid in octave while in matlab you have to use something like

b = a{1}
b(1)

for similar behavior in matlab.

Bill