Re: MATLAB / Octave compatibility

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: Re: MATLAB / Octave compatibility
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:09:52 -0800

Hi Bill,

The wiki allows for distributed maintenance.  You can edit the
site by sending an email to address@hidden
Below is the message I sent...

  | To: address@hidden
  | Subject: Octave Wiki
  |
  | Hi,
  |
  | Please unblock me.  Below is what wiki.octave.org has displayed
  | in my browser:
  |
  | Editing not allowed for 137.110.118.180 /
  | dyn137-110-118-180.ucsd.edu: user, ip, or network is blocked.
  |
  | Thanks in advance.

Please do the same so you can edit the page.

Concerning &, &&, | and ||, you are probably right.  The items:

  * For a logical-and, Octave can use `&' or `&&';
    Matlab requires `&'.

and

  * For a logical-or, Octave can use `|' or `||';
    Matlab requires `|'.

were suggested to me from another user and I included them
assuming they were true.

Now, I don't intend to edit the wiki with things that I'm not
100% sure about; so please, asked to be unblocked and add your
contributions.

Thanks,
Steve