Re: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:08:03 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 22-Feb-2006, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| > > is not finding pcre.h (see output below).  I tried the trick of
| > > specifying
| > > the location of pcre.h to configure, and that did change the output of
| >
| > Note sure why you can't find pcre correctly for the build of
| > octave-forge. Have you tried to run
| >
| | I suspect that pcre.h is in /usr/include/pcre/pcre.h (I think Fedora Core 3 and
| Redhat Enterprise 4 have it this way). I remember a discussion about it a year
| or so ago. I do not remember the conclusion, but my personal solution was to
| make a symlink
| /usr/include/pcre.h -> /usr/include/pcre/pcre.h

Probably it would be better to fix Octave's configure script to search
for either pcre.h or pcre/pcre.h.

We had a related discussion about this issue before and you proposed the idea of the configure script searching for all headers in this way. Did you ever make any changes along these lines? I ask because it would make packaging for Fedora cleaner: the glpk headers are in /usr/include/glpk (there are a lot of them, so putting them there is a good idea) and octave only looks in /usr/include, so I had to add extra flags at the configure step.

-Quentin